Welcome to 3×5 Leadership
Your Foremost Digital Leader Development Resource
ABOUT 3×5 LEADERSHIP
3×5 Leadership is your foremost digital leader development resource so that you can make yourself, your people, and your team or organization better. We believe that by becoming more equipped, educated, and inspired leaders, we can make peoples’ lives and our workplaces better. We must become deliberate leader developers.
As students of leadership, we define a leader developer as one who acts with an intentional effort to provide others with opportunities to learn, grow, and change within the particular organizational context ultimately preparing others to take on more responsibility and influence; this transcends formal positions or roles, and occurs at every level of an organization. Leader development is an effective, enduring, and universal strategy to improve your organization, both in performance and overall professionalism.
The bottom line is we want to make you the best leader developer you can be. We share highlights from our experiences and education to equip you with behaviors, ways of thinking, and guiding attitudes to become an effective leader developer able to impact individuals and your collective organization. Ultimately, we want to help you create a professional organization of truly empowered leaders and leader developers, where everyone is committed to a clear, collective vision and is passionate about creating the 2nd and 3rd generation of leaders.
What’s in a Name? Why “3×5 Leadership?”
3×5 index cards are a great leader learning tool – and one of choice for our team. Every moment is a learning opportunity and we keep 3×5 cards available at all times to ensure we can record a lesson, idea, or thought in any moment. While the 3×5 card is a learned habit from my (Josh, founder) father, using a leader learning tool is universal. Ensure you commit to a simple, preferred tool – a notebook, tablet, or notepad – to continuously learn as a professional and leader.
ABOUT THE TEAM
I am passionate about making people and organizations better through leader development. I am a 10-year U.S. Army officer with experience leading and commanding at various levels up to the company-level (appx. 130-personnel) and working on planning and support staffs up to brigade level (over 5,000-personnel). You can learn more about me, my recent work, and education through my Curriculum Vitae. You can contact me at email@example.com.
I am truly passionate about giving back and ensuring our current/future leaders have the necessary skills to tackle problems we cannot imagine today. I have worked with more than 7,000 leaders around the globe. As a U.S. Army officer, I’ve led teams across multiple continents and taught leadership psychology at the United States Military Academy. I also served as the President of the board of directors for a non-profit organization focused on developing youth leadership. In my free time, I enjoy hiking, reading, SCUBA diving, and mentoring LGBTQ+ youth. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE & HOW TO USE IT
Leader development occurs daily, not in a day. To support routine development, 3×5 Leadership provides leader development content in the following ways:
- New blog posts published every 1 to 2 weeks, on Mondays. Sign up to receive email notifications of new blog posts HERE.
- #WhiteboardWednesday quotes shared every Wednesday via Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to inspire routine leadership thought and discussion.
- The 3×5 Leadership Bookshelf, a resource that provides helpful recommendations to equip and inspire you to leverage reading as a means for professional development.
Support the Community by Submitting a Guest Post
If you are interested in writing a guest post to publish on 3×5 Leadership, please visit the Guidelines for Guest Posts page. We look forward to hearing others’ leader lessons and inspiring them to share their thoughts!
This is a personal blog, sharing our own thoughts only. The opinions we express on this website do not represent those of our employers, the U.S. Army, and the United States Military Academy.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide us a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Some of the links contained on this site are affiliate links. If you click on an Amazon link and purchase the item, we receive an affiliate commission. This revenue is used to offset personal costs associated with maintaining this website. We only recommend products and services we personally use and believe will add value to readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Here are some recommended ways to start engaging with 3×5 Leadership’s content:
- Subscribe to the blog. Immediately, you’ll get the 3×5 Leader Development Handbook E-Book in your email, which provides the 10-part leader development series in a convenient, clean PDF. You can use this for your own development and share with your people. You’ll also get weekly blog posts for continued leader development.
- Check out 3×5 Leadership’s most popular posts to see the posts that most resonate with other readers.
- Dig into the blog’s most recent posts to get caught up with recent helpful content.
- Explore the blog’s archives of posts. This page lists all 3×5 Leadership published articles and structures them in a convenient way to help you find the most relevant content. Articles are organized by five primary categories so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
- Get familiar with the 3×5 Leadership Bookshelf, which is a comprehensive leader development reading resource, helping you start or improve your personal reading program for self-development and learning.
- Connect with 3×5 Leadership and the team via social media: Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Share 3×5 Leadership with your colleagues, team, and friends so they too can improve their leader growth journey.