Welcome to 3×5 Leadership
Making People & Organizations Better Through Leader Development
ABOUT 3×5 LEADERSHIP
Our Guiding Story
People are inspired by and join exceptional, value-driven organizations. However, we end up quitting bad bosses and managers.
Whether through incompetence, failures in character, micro-management, carelessness, or authoritarian or toxic methods, too many of us experience terrible leaders and bosses. These poor examples erode our motivation and commitment to why we joined the organization in the first place. As John Maxwell states, “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”
We believe everyone is entitled to outstanding leadership. We help you provide that leadership now and enable you to build the next generation of leaders to do the same – hopefully even better.
Better leaders make better workplaces. And when we easily spend 25% or more of our time at work each week, our workplaces have a considerable impact on our lives.
Thus, better leaders make better workplaces, which ultimately leads to better lives for everyone – bosses, employees, customers, and stakeholders alike.
3×5 Leadership makes people and organizations better through leader development.
Our Core Ideology
We define leadership as the process of influencing others by…
- Providing clarity around our shared purpose & direction,
- And deliberately developing other leaders,
In order to get results now and make the organization better for the future.
Further, trust is the essential currency of leadership. We achieve none of the above variables of leadership without earning & maintaining trust with others. Thus, we believe that:
Trust = Competency x Character x Care
3×5 Leadership equips and inspires leaders to achieve these defined variables of leadership and trust to:
- Get results
- Love, influence, and develop others well
- Sustain excellence over time
Why 3×5 Leadership?
What’s In a Name? Leaders must first be learners. The 3×5 index card is the simplest form of capturing any idea, anywhere, anytime. It is our mechanism to remain committed to being life-long learners.
To Clarify What Matters Most. You’re busy. You’re team is busy. And there is a lot of noise out there. We simplify and clarify everything we provide to the essential “so what” on a 3×5 card. Whether it be an article, webinar, workshop, or series – it can be (and is) all simplified to a single 3×5 card so that you can learn what matters most for yours and your peoples’ leader development, so you can ultimately get on with your work and lives better equipped and inspired.
ABOUT THE TEAM
I am passionate about making people and organizations better through leader development, making tomorrow’s 2nd & 3rd generations of leaders better. I am an 1-year U.S. Army officer with experience leading and commanding at various levels up to the company-level (appx. 130-personnel) and working on support staffs up to brigade level (over 5,000-personnel). You can learn more about me, my recent work, and education through my Curriculum Vitae. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
I am truly passionate about giving back and ensuring our current/future leaders have the necessary skills to tackle problems we cannot imagine today. I help organizations solve complex problems in a consulting capacity and have worked with more than 8,000 leaders around the globe through workshops and coaching. As a U.S. Army officer, I’ve led teams across multiple continents and taught leadership psychology at the United States Military Academy. You can contact me at email@example.com.
Lorenzo Llorente, Marketing & Networking
I am passionate about learning and coming up with creative and fun ways to share what I’ve learned with others in order to improve our respective organizations. I’m currently an undergraduate student at Fordham University majoring in History and Chinese Studies and I’m also a third year Cadet in Army ROTC. In my free time, I enjoy mountain biking, reading, and playing video games with my cousin. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Randolph “RT” Rotte, Web Design
Bio to be published soon!
Lindsey Bowen, Finances
Bio to be published soon!
ABOUT THE WEBSITE & HOW TO USE IT
Leader development occurs daily, not in a day. To support routine development, 3×5 Leadership provides leader development content in the following ways:
- New blog posts published every 1 to 2 weeks, on Mondays. Sign up to receive email notifications of new blog posts HERE.
- We host monthly after-hours webinars to explore important, diverse leadership topics and share practical ways to apply them within your team. Sign up for the next webinar HERE for free!
- #WhiteboardWednesday quotes shared every Wednesday via Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to inspire routine leadership thought and discussion.
- The 3×5 Leadership Bookshelf, a resource that provides helpful recommendations to equip and inspire you to leverage reading as a means for professional development.
Support the Community by Submitting a Guest Post
If you are interested in writing a guest post to publish on 3×5 Leadership, please visit the Guidelines for Guest Posts page. We look forward to hearing others’ leader lessons and inspiring them to share their thoughts!
This is an independent resource, sharing our own thoughts only. The opinions we express on this website do not represent those of our employers, the U.S. Army, and the United States Military Academy.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide us a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Some of the links contained on this site are affiliate links. If you click on an Amazon link and purchase the item, we receive an affiliate commission. This revenue is used to offset personal costs associated with maintaining this website. We only recommend products and services we personally use and believe will add value to readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Here are some recommended ways to start engaging with 3×5 Leadership’s content:
- Subscribe to the blog. Immediately, you’ll get the 3×5 Leader Development Handbook E-Book in your email, which provides the 10-part leader development series in a convenient, clean PDF. You can use this for your own development and share with your people. You’ll also get weekly blog posts for continued leader development.
- Sign up for the next leadership webinar for free!
- Check out 3×5 Leadership’s most popular posts to see the posts that most resonate with other readers.
- Dig into the blog’s most recent posts to get caught up with recent helpful content.
- Explore the blog’s archives of posts. This page lists all 3×5 Leadership published articles and structures them in a convenient way to help you find the most relevant content. Articles are organized by five primary categories so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
- Get familiar with the 3×5 Leadership Bookshelf, which is a comprehensive leader development reading resource, helping you start or improve your personal reading program for self-development and learning.
- Connect with 3×5 Leadership and the team via social media: Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Share 3×5 Leadership with your colleagues, team, and friends so they too can improve their leader growth journey.