Leaders are learners, and learners are readers.
Welcome to the 3×5 Leadership Bookshelf! This comprehensive resource exists to equip you with the tools to enact a quality personal and professional reading program for you and your people.
The 3×5 Leadership Reading List
Get book ideas from the 3×5 Leadership official reading list! These are my top book recommendations in the areas of leader development, military leadership, military history, fiction, and on the human condition. As I keep reading, the list will certainly keep growing; I encourage you to routinely visit the list for updates.
3×5 Leadership Blog Posts About Reading
- “Leaders are Readers” series: an eight-part series aimed to inspire and equip you with tools to begin a quality reading program or to improve your current one
- The Junior Officer Reading & Self-Development List: the books, blogs, and other resources that I wish I read when I first commissioned into the military and I believe every new officer can benefit from.
- Books I read in 2017: Jan-Jun | Jul-Dec
- Books I read in 2018: [Jan-Jun coming Jul 18]
Check out reviews of some favorite or unique books that others and I have read, which provide brief (non-spoiler) summaries and the top lessons gleaned from those readings.
Top Professional Reading Lists I Recommend
- Chief of Staff of the Army’s 2017 reading list
- Chief of Naval Operations 2017 reading list
- MG Mick Ryan’s 2018 reading list
- The Military Leader’s reading list
- The Company Leader’s reading list
Do you have a professional reading list that you recommend be added to this list? Contact me and let me know!
Other Helpful Resources
- Read e-books on Kindle
- Listen to audiobooks with an Audible subscription
- Maneuver Center of Excellence libraries: free e-books, magazines, and audiobooks for US Army personnel
- Navy’s library on Overdrive: free e-books and audiobooks for any US military service members and families
- From the Green Notebook’s read of the month program
- LibriVox Audio Books: free public domain audiobooks read and produced by users
- BookAuthority: book recommendations from successful business leaders and experts; you can sign up to receive routine book deal emails based on your preferences
- BookBub: recommended book deals for Kindle and Nook based on genre and author preference; you can sign up to receive daily book deal emails based on your preferences