Leaders are learners, and learners are readers.
Welcome to the 3×5 Leadership Bookshelf! This comprehensive resource exists to equip you with the tools to enact a quality personal and professional reading program for you and your people.
The 3×5 Leadership Reading List
Get book ideas from the 3×5 Leadership official reading list! These are my top book recommendations in the areas of leader development, military leadership, military history, spiritual and family growth, fiction, and on the human condition. As I keep reading, the list will certainly keep growing; I encourage you to routinely visit the list for updates.
3×5 Leadership Blog Posts About Reading
- “Leaders are Readers” series: an eight-part series aimed to inspire and equip you with tools to begin a quality reading program or to improve your current one
- Books I read in 2017: Jan-Jun | Jul-Dec
- Books I read in 2018: [Jan-Jun coming Jul 18]
- Reading list to help “make sense of our world today” [coming late summer 18]
Check out reviews of some favorite or unique books that others and I have read, which provide brief (non-spoiler) summaries and the top lessons gleaned from those readings.
Top Professional Reading Lists I Recommend
- Chief of Staff of the Army’s 2017 reading list
- Chief of Naval Operations 2017 reading list
- MG Mick Ryan’s 2018 reading list
- The Military Leader’s reading list
- The Company Leader’s reading list
Do you have a professional reading list that you recommend be added to this list? Contact me and let me know!
Other Helpful Resources
- Read e-books on Kindle
- Listen to audiobooks with an Audible subscription
- Maneuver Center of Excellence libraries: free e-books, magazines, and audiobooks for US Army personnel
- Navy’s library on Overdrive: free e-books and audiobooks for any US military service members and families
- From the Green Notebook’s read of the month program
- LibriVox Audio Books: free public domain audiobooks read and produced by users
- BookAuthority: book recommendations from successful business leaders and experts; you can sign up to receive routine book deal emails based on your preferences
- BookBub: recommended book deals for Kindle and Nook based on genre and author preference; you can sign up to receive daily book deal emails based on your preferences