If you want to learn how 3×5 Leadership can help you on your leader growth journey, START HERE.
3×5 Leadership Vision
3×5 Leadership is the foremost digital leader development resource for anyone looking to leverage leadership to improve their life.
Who 3×5 Leadership Communicates to
- Military Tactical leaders
- Emerging organizational leaders in any industry
- Anyone who has a leadership role in their life
3×5 Leadership Goals
- Leader growth occurs daily, not in a day: inspire leaders to commit to regular and deliberate self-development
- Equip leaders with effective tools and behaviors to improve their transformational influence in life and work
- My experiences are singular, but the lessons from them are not: share my Leader experiences to help others in their Leader growth journey
- Expand leaders’ pool of resources by providing a robust leader development resource page
- Grow the digital leader development community & maximize experiential lesson sharing through incorporating guest blog posts
- Leaders are readers: enable leaders’ growth through reading with the Bookshelf resource [coming April 2018]
What’s in a Name? Why 3×5 Leadership?
3×5 index cards are my leader learning tool of choice. Every moment is a learning opportunity and I keep 3×5 cards with me at all times to ensure I can record a lesson, idea, or thought in any moment. The 3×5 card is a learned habit from my father, but using a leader learning tool is universal. Ensure you commit to a simple, preferred tool – a green notebook, Moleskin notebook, tablet, or notepad – to continuously learn as a professional and leader.
Connect with Me
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com. I am always open to opinions, insight, and recommendations.
Who I Am
My name is Josh. I’ve been a US Army engineer officer for eight years, directly working with and supporting maneuver forces, to include in deployed environments. My experiences include platoon leadership, multiple primary battalion & brigade staff positions, 18 months of company command, and (currently) serving as faculty at West Point (Cadet company Tactical Officer). I am formally educated in civil engineering, engineering management, and organizational psychology & leadership.
You can learn more about me through my personal mission statement.
Interested In Writing a Guest Blog Post?
If you are interested in submitting a guest post to publish on 3×5 Leadership, please visit the Guidelines for Guest Posts page. I look forward to hearing others’ leader lessons and inspiring them to share their thoughts!
This is my personal blog, sharing my own thoughts only. The opinions I express on this website do not necessarily represent those of my employer, the US Army and the United States Military Academy.
“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. All money made through Amazon affiliation is used to operate the 3×5 Leadership blog.”
Some of the links contained on this site are affiliate links. If you click on an Amazon link and purchase the item, I receive an affiliate commission. This revenue is used to offset costs associated with maintaining this site. I only recommend products and services I use and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”